I’m a Portuguese Software Engineer living in Helsinki, Finland
For my bachelors degree I studied information systems and computer engineering at Instituto Superior Técnico (IST). During my studies I was an active member of the student community:
- For two years I was one of the two students representing the 10 000 IST students in the school council (the highest governing school body)
- For two mandates I was part of IST Student union management team.
In 2013 I came to Helsinki as an exchange student in Aalto University:
- I helped founding a software company (and failed).
- I joined the team of Holvi, a payments startup, later to be acquired by BBVA.
- I joined the engineering team at KaikuHealth, a fast growing health startup.
In my professional life I’m generally interested in:
- Software Engineering processes
- Data engineering
- Software risk management